HOME     ABOUT    CONTACT

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Foodie Penpals: April Reveal

Back in March, I stumbled across Lindsay's Foodie Penpals program, and wanted to join instantly.  I missed the March deadline, so I was forced to wait until April to join.  In case you're unfamiliar with the program - it's organized to connect bloggers and blog readers around the country.  It's become so popular that there are now separate programs for Canadian and European bloggers/readers.  You receive a penpal match on the 5th of each month, send out a box filled with foodie treats to your penpal by the 15th, and reveal what treats you received on the last day of the month.  The penpal matches change monthly so you're always sending to and receiving from someone new.  It's set up to be a fun way to meet new food-loving friends while trying new foods.  It sounds like a win-win!

My inaugural Foodie Penpal experience was full of Texans! Since KK and I visited Vermont a few weeks ago, I sent a Vermont-themed package to blog reader Aly in Houston, Texas.  Two weeks ago, I received a wonderful box sent from Xochitl Small Bear just outside of Dallas.  Here's a peek of the treats I got:


My penpal was kind enough to send me a handwritten note, giving an explanation of each item I received!

Pumpkin Seed Cheddar Crisps: A favorite after work snack with apples or soup!

Almonds: On-the go snack which covers any craving - salty, crunchy, sweet.

Dried Ancho Chilis: A household staple, complete with directions for making a pozole.

Lettuce seeds: Something fun, yet practical! These will be donated to my in-laws for now, but one of my homeowner goals (whenever we buy a house) is to grow my own vegetables

Recipe: Sweet Potato Chipotle Gratin: Sounds absolutely amazing!

Thank you so much for the fabulous package, Xochitl! Without a question, I'll be joining next month's Foodie Penpals.  If you're also interested, blogger or not, head over to The Lean Green Bean to sign up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...