We had a few beers in the fridge leftover from a summer trip to Harpoon Brewery - Ginger Wheat and Catamount Maple Wheat - so Saturday became pizza and beer night. I hope you enjoy this meal - it's one of the Apt. 3D favorites!
Corn, Pesto, and Tomato Pizza
Adapted from Baked Bree
Time 40 minutes
1 pint grape tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 pizza crust (we used whole wheat Boboli)
1/3 cup pesto
1 cup fresh corn kernels
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1 teaspoon sugar
8 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
3 Tablespoons fresh basil leaves (optional)
1. Slice the tomatoes and place on a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and let stand for 20 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 450, leaving the pizza pan in the oven to warm up.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the corn, sugar, and Parmesan cheese.
4. Spread the pesto over the top of the pizza crust. Cover the pesto with the corn mixture, tomatoes, and then the mozzarella cheese. By adding the cheese last, it will melt and hold the corn and tomatoes in place.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the crust golden brown. Top with basil leaves, if desired.