Jalapeno Popper Chicken
Adapted from Elly Says Opa
Prep Time: 15 min / Cook time: 30 min
½ cup bread crumbs
2 tsp. canola oil
2 tsp taco seasoning
2-oz cream cheese, room temperature
¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1-2 jalapeño peppers, seeds and ribs removed, minced
1 lb. chicken breasts
1. Preheat the oven to 375. Spray a oven-save baking sheet with cooking oil and set aside.
2. In a small skillet over medium heat, combine breadcrumbs and canola oil. Stir often, and cook until breadcrumbs are golden and crisped. Stir in taco seasoning, and place mixture in a shallow dish; season with salt and pepper as necessary.
3. In a small bowl, beat egg. In a separate bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and jalapeños.
4. Cut a pocket into each chicken breast, divide cheese mixture evenly between each chicken breast’s pocket. Use toothpicks to secure, if necessary.
5. Dip chicken pieces into the egg mixture, and then the breadcrumb mixture; make sure chicken is fully coated. Place chicken on the prepared baking sheet and cook 25-30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.