This is a guest post from yours truly, KK! MC ended up working later than expected on Wednesday, so I took it upon myself to cook dinner. Luckily, MC made it home in time to check them while they were in the oven, as she was better able to judge when the rolls were fully baked. I likely would have taken them out of the oven too soon, but the extra 5 minutes in the oven cooked them to perfection! I don't know if I'm biased because I made them myself, but I must say these were pretty tasty! Pesto, cream cheese, crescent rolls, and breadcrumbs, what's not to like?!
Pesto Chicken Pillows
Adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything
Time: 1 hour
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 lb. chicken breast, cut into 1-in cubes
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
¼ cup pesto
2 8-oz. packages Crescent Rolls
1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
¼ cup butter
1. Heat olive oil on skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken thoroughly.
2. Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray the foil lightly with cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl, add the cream cheese, pesto, and cooked chicken. Season with salt and pepper, and stir until combined.
4. Unroll the crescent dough. Press two triangles together to form a rectangle. Spoon the chicken mixture in the center of the rectangle and bring the corners of the crescent dough together, pinching to seal. Repeat 8 times to form 8 pillows.
5. Place the breadcrumbs on a plate. Melt the butter in the microwave, and then dip each chicken pillow into the melted butter; alternatively, use a pastry brush to coat each pillow. Roll each butter-coated pillow in the breadcrumbs.
6. Place chicken pillows seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken pillows are golden brown and cooked through.