HOME     ABOUT    CONTACT

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Caramel Apple Crisp for Two

On Sunday, a group of my friends and I redeemed a Groupon at ArteVino.  In a nutshell: local artists lead 2-3 hour BYOB painting classes for participants at any level.  I love to scrapbook, which might be considered a form of art, but by no means am I good at painting/drawing.  Although it wasn't paint by numbers, the outline of the painting was already drawn for us on tracing paper, and we had to trace the image of Van Gogh's Branches of An Almond Tree in Blossom onto our canvas using carbon paper.  Even after tracing, I was still a little skeptical, but surprisingly the image came together as the instructor explained how we should paint the background, branches, and flowers.  Now I just need to find somewhere to hang it - we're a little short on wall space, but we'll figure something out!

KK and I made this individual-sized dessert after apple picking last year, so it was high on our list of recipes to repeat after visiting Melick's Town Farm last weekend.  I assembled the ramekin crisps while dinner cooked, and baked dessert while we ate dinner.  After letting it cool for a few additional minutes, the timing between dinner and dessert was perfect.  Using two medium-sized apples, I'm able to fill two ramekins from my Corningware set: the 15-oz. oval dish and a 4-oz. ramekin (not pictured below).  If you only have 4-oz. ramekins, this will probably fill to 3-4 ramekins, but KK and I prefer slightly larger portions if we're splurging for dessert! If you have it on hand, serve this a la mode with vanilla ice cream.  With or without ice cream - I promise you there will be no leftovers!
Caramel Apple Crisp for Two
Adapted from Hil's Blog
Time: 50 minutes
Serves: 2

Ingredients
2 medium apples
2 Tbsp caramel topping
2 Tbsp flour
4 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp butter
4 Tbsp quick-cooking oats
¼ tsp ground cinnamon

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350.

2.  Peel, core, and slice apples.  Place into individual-sized ramekins.  Pour caramel topping over apples.

3. In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add oats and cinnamon.  Sprinkle over apple slices and caramel.

4. Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes.  Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...