HOME     ABOUT    CONTACT

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Parmesan Crusted Chicken

What Monday is complete without a trip to the DMV? I spent over an hour at the DMV this afternoon, and then wasn't even allowed to smile in my new picture! When did they make that a rule? I have a huge smile on my face in my first NJ license! Nevertheless, despite my mumbled complaints, I'm one step closer to making my "Mrs." status official! Next step - passport.

Any-who... you didn't come hear to read about the DMV. Let's talk about food! I have quite the list of cooking blogs on my Google Reader, but it's always nice to find new recipes and ideas on Pinterest.  This Parmesan Crusted Chicken was incredibly easy.  The most time-consuming step was preheating the oven up to 425 degrees.  I didn't have any regular mayo in the fridge, so I used Kraft Mayo with Olive Oli & Cracked Pepper (reduced fat!). Yum.  To complete the meal, I served the chicken with Knorrs Herb & Butter ride sides and a salad.

Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Adapted from The Enchanted Cook
Serves 2
Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets
4 teaspoons Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
salt & pepper

Directions
1. Preheat oven 425 degrees F.

2. Mix mayo and cheese together in a small bowl. 

3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.  Lay chicken breasts on baking sheet and spread mayo mixture evenly atop each.  Evenly sprinkle bread crumbs on top of each chicken breast.

4. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly and juices run clear. Tops will be browned and chicken will be incredibly juicy. Consider finishing off the chicken under the broiler for a minute or two to get them extra browned on top.  If desired, season with a dash of salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...